The Sapphire Empire of Rivermoor, spread across the central and northern great plains.
Rivermoor is located in the middle and northern parts of the Midwest with members spread across Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri and Manitoba. Rivermoor is the largest kingdom geographically, spanning approximately 950 miles north-south and east-west. "We shall drown them all."
Part 1: The Era of Companies
Founded after the break up of the Rosetta Pact in March, 2008 to include the western provinces of the once gargantuan super-principality, primarily encompassing Querna Tema, Ivory Tower and Gehenna Plains. A period of stagnation followed, where the individual parks were healthy and growing, but with very limited geography, expansion was difficult. Isolation was overcome, at least in major part, by a series of massively successful Summer Trials; a fighting company based event containing both traditional amtgard (militia battles, jugging, gauntlet, etc.) and unique challenges (Iron chef, archery competitions, scavenger hunts, etc). Summer trials became a regional draw for the Principality, often receiving visitors from the growing freeholds to the north and south, the neighboring Principality of Olympus, and Iron Mountains Core, and were a boon to the local fighting companies which burgeoned and trained to take the yearly cup.
- Note: This era is the era of companies because practically everyone in the principality was a member of Clan Raion, Eternal Flame or Free Companies and while coronations and dragonmasters were still typically well attended, the principality was defined by the grand melee at Summer Trials.
- Note 2: Centerpoint was brought into the principality under IM in late 2008.
Part 2: The Era of Three Crowns
Rivermoor was growing internally and the freeholds wanted to join the principality, however Iron Mountains was not particularly interested in agglomerating another portion of unmanageable geography like the Rosetta Pact (Land's End is 500 miles away from Querna Tema), so, under the blessing of Emperor Hannibal, Rivermoor was given governance to sponsor and uptake parks at their will. Land's End quickly jumped on board in 2011, Wyldewind Bridge and Wildgard in 2014, and with particularly strong growth from Ivory Tower (in part due to the charisma of the new Jackal Company), the time had finally come to push for kingdom which happened At Clan XXXIII, becoming the 20th group to do so.
Achieving kingdom status changed a lot for Rivermoor. Instead of the near decade-long focus towards internal growth in the core parks, there were now many tasks to accomplish. New freeholds were established and incorporated at Silver Riders, Armored Plains, Crimson Plains and Roaring Hills. Centerpoint became a massive Duchy in the south and Land's End swelled in the North. Our system of limited Floating Crown to the core parks was effectively rebuked by declaring all parks core parks in 2017 with a campaign for 'One Rivermoor'. Known World War started as an interkingdom event between Rivermoor, Tal Dagore and Emerald Hills which became somewhat of a replacement for Summer Trials following many of it's tried-and-true formulas. Following issues with Tal Dagore, Adari Vaal Keep switched to Rivermoor after Known World War 2.
Summer trials and the great fighting companies of old Rivermoor are a shadow of their former glory but continue to smolder and Rivermoor still burns brightly. Rivermoor is constantly striving to settle the Amt-void, being the forefront of cultural progression and providing high quality amtgard to our region.
- Note: This is named the era of the three crowns referencing our heraldry. In the beginning they meant the 3 original core parks; Ivory Tower, Querna Tema and Gehenna Plains, but later could be interpreted as 'your park, your principality and the Empire (of the Iron Mountains)', 'your park, the kingdom, and all Amtgardia', or currently the three regions; the North, the Middle and the South. Be it prophetic or serendipity, the three crowns have always held inspirational meaning in some form.
(Image of the signed scroll officially granting Kingdom status.)
- Thrones is the Kingdom's Spring Coronation Event.
- Curse of the Great Pumpkin is the Kingdom's inter-kingdom event and winter coronation held in Vermillion, SD each year.
- Summer Trials is a Querna Tema event held traditionally in Neola, IA at the end of Summer.SuT Website
- Duchy of Querna Tema - Omaha, NE
- Duchy of Centerpoint - Merriam, KS
- Duchy of Land's End - Grand Forks, ND
- Shire of the Ivory Tower - Lincoln, NE
- Barony of Gehenna Plains - Sioux City, IA
- Barony of Northern Fields - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Barony of Adari Vaal Keep - Humansville, MO
- Shire of Silver Riders - Hastings, NE
- Shire of Crimson Plains - Miles City, MT
- Shire of Nexus Shores - Pittsburgh, KS
Contacts and Directions
- Emperor - Eonte
- Regent: Shin
- Prime Minister: Katriona
- Guild Master of Reeves: Shimazu
- Champion: Bloo
- Board of Directors Chairman: Vierton
- IKRC Representative: Exikio
For a history of Rivermoor's leadership, see Rivermoor monarchy.
Group photo taken at Summer Trials XI, August 24th, 2013. Photo by Ayla Helstaven
photobucket.com - jehendon
|Amtgard Chapters within the Empire of Rivermoor|
|Adari Vaal Keep • Centerpoint • Gehenna Plains • Ivory Tower • Land's End • Querna Tema • Armored Plains • Crimson Plains • Roaring Hills • Silver Riders • Wildgard • Wyldewind Bridge|
|Kingdoms and Principalities of Amtgard|
|Kingdoms: Burning Lands · Emerald Hills · Celestial Kingdom · Golden Plains · Iron Mountains · Goldenvale · Dragonspine|
Wetlands · Neverwinter · Blackspire · Rising Winds · Crystal Groves · Desert Winds · Tal Dagore · Northern Lights · Westmarch · Rivermoor · Polaris · Northreach · Winter's Edge · Nine Blades · Viridian Outlands
Principalities:13 Roads (TD)