From the Rulebook
Before any day of combat begins all Combat Equipment brought to the field must be checked by the Champion or his appointed representative. Equipment which does not pass a check may not be used on the field. Equipment should be rechecked as necessary throughout the day. Using unchecked equipment on the field is grounds for immediate suspension from combat for the day at the discretion of the Champion. Issues with the performance of Equipment checks may be adjudicated by the Monarch and the Guild Master of Reeves.
This is an outline for checking Equipment. This is not exhaustive, but serves as a short checklist.
- Opaque cloth cover in good repair.
- Tips at least 2.5” in diameter.
- Pommel at least 2” in diameter.
- Strike-Legal is in good repair and is the minimum required length.
- Core cannot be felt when used to slash in a reasonable manner by both an average user and the intended user.
- Core cannot be felt when used to stab in a reasonable manner by both an average user and the intended user.
- The weapon does not break bones or teeth, or consistently leaves marks or bruises, when used in a reasonable manner by both an average user and the intended user.
- Opaque, durable cover in good repair.
- No unpadded bolts, zipties, or other solid protrusions on the shield edge or face.
- No solid, rigid core may be felt through either the face or the edge of the shield when struck solidly with the palm of the hand.
- All corners of rigid armor must be penny-round.
- No spikes, thin ridges, or sharp edges which could damage Equipment or players in the normal course of combat.
- Chain armor does not have broken or separated links which could catch on Equipment or players in the normal course of combat.