Not explicitly granted to anybody, ammunition is a class of projectiles used in conjunction with other types of weapons.
Includes bolts and any other similar items.
NOTE: Improperly constructed or maintained arrows can pose a serious safety hazard. Before building your fist arrows take the time to study an online construction tutorial or practice with an experienced player.
- May not be drawn beyond 28”.
- Fletching and nocks, if present, must be in good repair.
- Must be clearly labeled with their owner’s name.
- Arrows without labels will never be allowed on the field.
- Using arrows without labels can result in immediate suspension from the field.
- Broken or poorly mended arrows are not to be used.
- Like any other equipment arrows may only be used by their owner unless the owner grants specific permission for another player to use their arrows.
- The owner of an arrow is responsible for the safety of the arrow even if fired by another player.
- Special arrows may never be shared.
- Swinging at an arrow in flight is illegal.
- Arrows may only be passively blocked by placing an object in the flight path.
- May be fiberglass, aluminum, plastic, or graphite.
- Wood shaft are only allowed if covered in a minimum of 4 mils of plastic tape or equivalent.
- Shafts must have any real arrow head or tip removed.
- The tip of shafts must be built up to at least 0.5” in diameter in a solid manner such as:
- Wrapping in duct tape and capping with a penny.
- Affixing a washer into the shaft with a glued-in screw.
- Other similar methods.
- Must be 2.5” in diameter.
- Front and side must be Strike-Legal.
- Must include a minimum of 2” of foam in front of the shaft of the arrow.
- Heads should be checked regularly for degrading foam.
- Must have a cloth cover on the head.
- Must strike point first to score a hit.
- Affects all targets struck while in motion.
- Hits from arrows are Armor Breaking.
- Hits from arrows are Weapon Destroying.
See Siege Weapons for more information.