Arch Duchess Dame Linden Tul of Nocturnis, Defender of the Celestial Kingdom, Patron Saint of Shires
"You are the Hitchhiker's Guide to Amtgard"-Hannibal
Mostly known for her work in the arts, as a scribe and garber, and in service to the game as an adminstrator for many of Amtgard's online resources including the ORK, Wiki, contracts contact, annual audit, and various facebook groups. Linden continues to support members of her prolific beltline and her friends in the game, but is much less active than she once was. She now participates actively in the SCA and was asked to join their order of the Laurel in 2020.
"Everyone's hero. If she isnt yours, you just dont know her well enough yet." Matthias O'Lachon
In 1996 Linden fell into Amtgard when her battletech group, the CHD, became so large that they could no longer play together. The group was composed of high school students from Round Rock, Texas. After talking a bit the kids began looking for an alternative game. The GM of the group, Breetai had once played Amtgard at a park called Drakenroc, so the dragoons decided to give the park a chance and went out to it's old location one weekend with their sock covered PVC weapons spoiling for a fight. But the park wasn't there any more, having folded due to lack of attendance. And so the third iteration of the park known as 'Drakenroc' was born.
In 1999, after several years in the CK Linden returned to her home state of Louisiana and played briefly at the Duchy of Crimson Moon under the Wetlands. Spending barely a year abroad, Linden returned to Texas and joined the Duchy of Tori-Mar where she played until it was disbanded briefly in May of 2007. Her last regular park was Nocturnis in Cedar Park, Tx. Now a days she is mostly found on the internet particular the A&S Anonymous and Scribal Guild groups, or teaching at events, like the Arts and Sciences Symposium.
Linden’s first love was fighting, but over time she found that in order to have people to fight; the game has to function properly. So in 1997 she began holding local office. Over the next few years Linden spent most of her time in some position or another eventually she had held every in game office from the park level up. This being a convenient and still challenging way to be involved while she was assembling her brood of three children; Quinn, Nicoli and Genevieve. Later on she would add two more, twins Ethan and Eleanor. She was the 24th Champion, the 26th, 28th, and 29th Guildmaster of Reeves; the 27th Regent, the 30th Prime Minister, and the 33rd Monarch and the 34th GMoK of the Celestial Kingdom. She is one of two women in Amtgard to have accomplished this feat ever, and the first person ever to hold all four, or five in the CK. Linden has been awarded many titles over her tenure including that of Defender for her stint as the first female Champion of the CK.
She also acted as a regular autocrat, running several kingdom events, demos, and classes. With her Co-Autocrat Chango she ran Spring War 2006: Yooks Vs the Zooks, based on a popular Dr. Suess book on the escalation of warfare. The event drew more that 500 people, and put the CK back in the black, and reconfirmed Spring War's status as the largest Amtgard event at the time. Since then several other events have eclipsed both the attendance and place of spring war as one of the "Big Three". During her reign as Queen of the Celestial Kingdom, Linden went to war with the Wetlands in the person of the zombie king Slyddur. Raids were held back and forth, at Murky Waters and Mordengarrd culminating in a battle at the following Spring War.
In the later part of her career she spent her time up keeping the old ORK, and wiki, as their administrator. She also spent a lot of time welcoming new chapters to the game, and coordinating the yearly amtgard audit. Later most of these duties were handed down to her Grand squire Tye Dye. Together, they were invited to present a keynote address on their report at the Living Games conference, which is an academic conference for larping. You can hear their talk, .
Linden also enjoys making garb and award documents for players across the country. As a personal challenge she sought commissions from each of the Kingdoms, and in 2012 after making more than 70 individual awards she successfully made an award for each of them. Linden continues to make scrolls for friends and as well as commissions for players all over the country in amtgard, SCA, and for mundane clients. She has also been honored to produce a Kingdom charter for Desert Winds, Tal Dagore, Northern Lights, Westmarch, Rivermoor, and North Reach upon their achievement of Kingdom status.
- One of the four founders of the Ministers of Grace
- An advocate for women's fighting via House Lionesse
- Member of the Order, Circle of Greenfire
- Member of the Dreamweavers
- Captain of the Surly Mermaid in the Midwest Trading Company
- A member of the fighting company, Bellator Adamas
- Vladimir Lenden of the Scarlet Meanies
- Club Cthulhu
- Advertising Consultant for IKOP
- Her Squires include, Kentigern, Master Kite, Mistress Revell, and Ka'a
- With agreement from both Dame Linden and Squire Kite, Kupe is with our appreciation, fostering Kite.
- Linden was proud to be knight to Alona Twotrees until she was inducted into the order of the Flame at Neverwinter Coronation and Olympiad in January of 2012. She was also proud to be liege to Roslyn who became a knight of the Serpent of Tal Dagore in 2015. She was one of several fosters of Ser Petra before she was welcomed into the order of the flame in the Iron Mountains. Her Grandsquires Fiddles of (Winter's Edge), and Unison of (Rivermoor), were both welcomed in to the order of the serpent in their respective kingdoms in 2019. Her Grandsquire, TyeDye also joined the peerage in 2015, in the order of the Flame of Tal Dagore. Tyedye died unexpectedly in 2016 and is keenly missed.
- Dame Linden (Flame 2005), (Crown 2007), (Serpent 2010)
- Squire Kentigern
- Squire Kite
- Squire Revell Armstrong
- Squire Frú Ka'a
- Damn Alona Twotrees (Flame 2012)
- Eques Tye Dye (Flame 2015)
- Dame Roslyn (Serpent 2015)
- Ser Petra (Flame, 2017)
- Knighted in the Order of the Flame in August 2005 at Mid-reign of the CK by the Monarch Ween.
- Knighted in the Order of the Crown in May of 2007, by their Majesties Queen Dame Mistress Wynd and King Sir Father Thomas of the Celestial Kingdom.
- Knighted in the Order of the Serpent in August of 2010, by Thierry Majesties Abi Cross and Sponge of the Celestial Kingdom.
- Named the Patron Saint of shires for her work with new groups. Granted by Dame Caliana of the Burning Lands, in June 2013
- Royal Scribe of Goldenvale; granted by Khallissi Quynn Firersong
- Consummate Artisan to the Desert Winds; Granted by Queen Rosin Clan 2009
- First place winner of the Best of the Best Tourney Held by the Kingdom of Winter's Edge during the pandemic in 2020.
Linden is also Grix's favorite.
- Champion of Drakenroc, October 1997 - April 1998
- Baroness of Drakenroc, April 1998 - October 1999
- Baroness of Tori-Mar, April 1998 - October 1999
- Duchess of Tori-Mar, October 2001 - April 2002
- Kingdom Champion, April 2002 - October 2002
- Regent of Tori-Mar, October 2002 - April 2003
- Kingdom Guildmaster of Reeves, October 2002 - April 2003
- Duchess of Tori-Mar, May 2003 - November 2003
- Kingdom Regent, November 2003 - May 2004
- Kingdom Guildmaster of Reeves, April 2004 - October 2004
- Kingdom Guildmaster of Reeves, October 2004 - May 2005
- Kingdom BOD, October 2004 - May 2005
- Chancellor of Tori-Mar, November 2004 - May 2005
- Kingdom Prime Minister, August 2005 - February 2006
- Queen of the Celestial Kingdom, November 2006- May 2007
- Guildmaster of Knights, May 2007- November 2007
- Member of the Celestial Kingdom BoD November 2007 - May 2008
- Kingdom Rules Representative, May 2010 - November 2010
- Captain of the Guard May 2010-November 2010
- Prime Minister of Nocturnis March 2012 - April 2013
Shop by Grix.
- Linden losing to Tavi Rogue at SW 
- Spring War 2007
- Magazine cover by Slyddur
- On the throne
- RP portrait
- Seen here with her hat, at Triple Kingdom Midreign 2008.
- Tutorial on Tunic Making prettified by Alona
- Tutorial on different applique types
- How to make Orginal Scrolls, geared to SCA
- Viking hood tutorial
- Tunica knots for Roman and greek garb
- beginners guide to Ebru
- Experiment and Documentation on how to to paint miniatures in the style of the court of Elixabeth I
- Garbing Work
- Illumination work