May 29th- June 4th
- Mithril Hills in Longview, WA is play-testing a set of rules for role play interaction and currency. The dynamic involves the purchase of walls, keeps and other defenses against incursion.
- Baron Zandar Stormchaser is calling an Emergency Althing for the allocation of funds for the joint BS/NL midreign. The Althing will be held this coming Sunday, May 31st at Shrouding Mist's usual fighting field.
- Last call for submissions the the CK Newsletter can be submitted this weekend.
- Garth paid the kingdom insurance last weekend. The payment for the year being more than $1600.
- June 1 Crystal Groves will hold a Circle of Steel Meeting. The group will also be meeting at Hellane Park due to BluesFest being held at their normal location. Directions are available on the Yahoogroup list or on their forum.
- The Harvest war XIII flyer is released. The event will occur in Lindrith, NM August 28th through September 1st, 2008 cost is $15 for the weekend, $5 for ages 6 but the event is free to out-of-staters with a valid ID. This event also serves as Pegasus Valley's Coronation feast.
- There will be a Shire wide weapon check this coming Saturday at High Oasis in Tempe, AZ. ALL WEAPONS will be checked and tagged for legality. ALL WEAPONS MUST have a cloth cover, with no exposed duct tape. ALL ARROWS MUST have the owners name written on them. I would suggest that you just use a sharpy and write your name on a fletching. This check will take about an hour, so the ealier we start the earlier it will be done.
- Photos of Darkshore the recent Westmarch event are released. Although PAG a resident of the hosting chapter Wavehaven (Santa Cruz, CA) was not in attendance, the event received good reviews from all who have so far posted about it.
- Crown Quals: Next weekend! Midnight Sun on Saturday June 7th and at Eagleshire on Sunday June 8th. More info here
- May 29:Bitter Coast in Catonsville, MD holds their coronation.
- Great Eastern, held last weekend by Goldenvale. While attendance was not as expected, and the Autocrat Willow Dreammaker Quit her post on Friday night, by the sweat and courage, and pocket books of locals and out of towners the event broke even and has received favorable reviews from traveling folk of the central kingdoms. Some interesting videos have emerged.
- The Results of the Imperial Election have been tallied. Moss Will be stepping up as Emperor, with Medryn as his regent. Casca will fill the office of Guildmaster of Reeves. Cullum, Rewth, and Tatiana will seat into the open BoD slots.
- David Martin, a reporter from the Green River Star wants to do a story on the chapter of Truevale. For this purpose he interviewed Jynx Back.
- The Dates for Dragon Blade Wars will be August 29th, 30th, 31th, and September 1st.
- May 30th June 1st Spring Trials will be held by Querna Tema at Lake Arrowhead Park. This will be a Knoblander styled event.
- May 30th Mystik Caverns in Glasgow, KY holds their Shire level Crown Quals. This election is heavily contested with at least three people running for each position, and no less than twelve vying for the office of Champion.
- Cursed Prairie Will start holding a regular Fighter practice Thursday May 29th... 6. pm at Saphira and Roshi's.
- Madoc's Keep will hold their local Weaponmaster Dragonmaster on Saturday.
- The Frostlands Spring Dragon Master competition will be held this Sunday, June 1, 2008. Please arrive early (1:00 p.m.) to set up your entries, however, entries will be accepted up to 3:00 p.m. Tables will be provided to place entries.
- At long last, the Knoblands trebuchet is operational and ready for the first field trial. It's fully mobile, throws soccer balls and amtshot.
- As of this last allthing, Zemeckis has been expelled from the office of Monarch of Thee Night's Legacy, Freya is now Pro-tem monarch, Mennis is now pro-tem regent. Rhygar is still acting champion, and and Thalyn is Prime Minister.
- Freehold of Five Banners hosting the "BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE 2008" in Stroud, OK May 30th - June 1. This is an 'old school' Amtgard event, with tons of planned activities, including a Youth Quest. Something for everyone. Free event, 2 meals provided, $10.00 suggested donation accepted at gate. Please join us and enjoy our hospitality for the weekend! Check out our flyer: http://www.amtgard-eh.com/gallery/Archives/Freeholds/bungle2008.pdf
- Fire Shore has changed their meeting day from Tuesday to Sunday. This weekend they will receive a visit from Jynx Mercades of Bandit Flats East.
- Mithril Forest is founded in Menomonie, WI. "We meet on Tuesdays or Wensdays (depending on everyones work schedule)from 5:00 p.m. till dark We have about seven members and we're in the process of getting organized so we can sign our contract and become official. I just wanted to say hi and tell everyone we're out here. Hope to see you all soon."
- Rhûn in June-ish, a Belegarth, event will be held at Reindahl Park in Madison, WI
May 21st -28th
The Lincoln National Forest, where the Clan site is, has closed all campgrounds due to fire dangers. We've been lucky in the past, but I though I would share the info with everyone. According to the local newS, they will open them again in two weeks, but it's a slim possibility. Source
Information provided by little Raven
- Silver Moon Holding will be holding their Light and Shadow quest at Bush Park this May 24th at 1:30 relics and holding relics can be used.
- May 24th (Sat) - Sight TBA -Blackspire Kingdom Ithra
- Two members of Shrouding Mist lost all of their possessions in a fire at their apartment complex. SM will be taking up donations of household items clothing, food and cash in the next few weeks.
- Slaughter Creek the South Park in Austin, Tx will hold it's second election of officers on the 25th. There will be several battle games and a pot luck feast.
- Traitor's Gate in San Antonio will hold a A&S and Warrior Tourney.
- Griffon's Keep of Victoria, Tx will be raided by Fallen Sun of Beeville.
- The hotly contested election for the Static Crown Kingdom's next monarch continues. There is an ongoing discussion on Esam about it due to the candidates that have declared.
- The Savage Highlands Will Have Their Coronation At The Rivers Park. Ruidoso, NM on May 23rd, Friday at 2 Pm.
- Darkshore 2008 Will be held Mount Madonna County Park. Usually falling on Wavehaven's Midreign, this weekend campout is held on Memorial Day Weekend every year. A collection was taken up on behalf of Clalibus that he might attend this year's event and fight PAG a resident of Wavehaven. The collection was successful, but Pole Arm Guy will not be attending the event because he has been banned by the WH monarchy for the next two weeks.
- Coronation, Feast, and Court for High Oasis in Tempe, AZ will be held on the 24th. Last week High Oasis was visited by their former kingdom Monarch, Randall.
- The Monarchy of the Emerald Hills visits their subgroup Souls Crossing in Memphis, TN. There is some continuing talk of forming principality style group in the area incorporating the many surrounding freeholds.
- Great Eastern will be held at Stoney Fork Campgrounds in Wellsboro, PA from the 22nd to the 26th.
- Truevale of Rock Springs, Wyoming will hold a demo at Sagecon, a local gaming convention.
- Take a try at being DragonMaster, WeaponMaster or Principality Champion of Rivermoor on Saturday. Heck, go for all three! The Tourney will occur in Omaha, NE at Querna Tema's Elmwood Park (61st & Dodge behind University of Nebraska at Omaha). look for everyone at the Most Eastern Picnic Table Pad. Cost is $1.00. 12:00 Sign in for A&S and Fighting Opens. 1:00 Sign in for A&S and Fighting CLOSES. 1:30 Tourneys begin promptly.
- I would just like to inform you that the shire of Krvomedje will organize 4 day Amtgard event in Zumberak mountain in Croatia. The dates are 22nd-25th May 2008. So, if any of you will be in Europe (somewhere close to Croatia) at that time, you are most welcome. For additional information you can contact me at email@example.com.
- Ashen Hills will hold an Iron Man Tourney benefiting the local food bank. Artemis has declared for the office of Prime Minister of Ashen Hills.
- RWs Kingdom Weapon Master will occur on the 24th probably at Gryphon's Perch.
- Roleplay on the wetlist has hit a new high with missives about Margul's inquisition flying back and forth.
- Land's End in Grand Forks, North Dakota is finally scheduling regular sunday practices and have had several meetings with a previously unknown group that plays nearby.
Other information The kingdom of the west's college of scribes page has moved.
May 15- 21st
- Thousand Stars IX - Total War!! will be held by Stormhaven out side of Spokane, Washington. Look for more following the events
- Burning Lands proper will hold their Weaponmaster Tourney on the 17th.
- Crystal Groves has opened declarations for offices in the upcoming elections. So far three have Declared for Monarch; Marius, Rentell, and Sathallarin of belt confusion fame. Declarations for all positions are due by June 8th to the Prime Minister Kemoc Tregarth. The Crown Election will be held on June 29th.
- Astral Winds talks about what classes they will host at their upcoming Collegium, where they intend to import talent from the lower forty-eight.
- Voting and possibly the Champion Tourney if we have one for High Oasis on Saturday.
- Pegasus Valley is invited to attend the Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival & Highland Games on May 17th. Two hours of volunteer work is required for free admission. A sizable chunk of the PV populace will be attending.
- A Kingdom Althing will occur on the 18th.
- May 17 at 11 am Saturday, Medieval Mania demo at Crofton Library Hosted by the Barony of Solstice, "a troupe of medieval costume re-enactors, will entertain you with stories, songs and games. See hand-to-hand combat and displays of arts and crafts from the period. Kids can make several crafts to take home. Come in costume and don't forget to bring your cameras."
- Solstice of College Park, MD has been asked to bid the Next Crystal Groves Coronation. They are discussing the possibility of a themed event.
- The Duchy of The Bitter Coast, will be hosting their monthly Relic Quest. After Amtgard, a Weapon-Making Workshop will be held at Sir Darva's house.
- Sindari is elected Prime Minister of River's End.
- Salt Wars begins on the 14th. Hosted by Desert Winds look for pictures and reviews following the event.
- Weezicus was elected the First Prime Minister of the newly made principality in the Mid west.
- Skrag has announced that he will be Running for Prince of the new Principality with Sir Raphael as his Regent
- Lumpy Was elected the New PM of Starmount
- Winter's Edge will hold their one day mid reign celebration at Radiant Valley on the 17th. Weapon Master, Jugging, Quest, and Feast/Court.
- Declarations for offices are open. Exar and Hexloc have declared for Prime Minister. Tugen is now the only candidate for GMR, Bighead having dropped out for personal reasons.
- Satyr's Crossing will hold their Cultural Quals on Sunday.
- Phoenix Tears hold's an Althing on the 18th.
- May 17 Frostlands will raid Mists of the Dawn with the aid of North Haven and Crimson Circle
- Crimson Moon has elected new monarchy; Overlord, Lord Taven Char; Regent, Bain Ironwolf; Chancellor,Jacques Udrid; Champion, Page Aeden Ventrue.
- Ironwood will hold their local midreign on Sunday. Prime Minister Elections will also be held. The candidates are Vincent, or Hafgar.
- Ok, since Crimson Moon had so much fun in the "300" battle at Sprang War, we decided to do it here at home, but guess what? You're all invited, as well!!! You may also follow the discussion here
May 8th - May 14th
- May 10th Iron Keep in Springfield, Or will hold a canned food drive tourney. Sign-up for the tournament is between 12:00am-12:45 the games are to begin at 1:00 P.M. SHARP, so show up to help those in need, with a chance to win a prize. First place will recieve a replica live-steel war-ax with a sheath tooled with bragging rights-- the date of their victory in Iron Keep.
- May 11th, Sunday - Battle to free Alba Firth, the lands of Lord Ian, from the green skins that have plagued us for these many year. This will be at Gear Hart Gardens. There will be people at the Lake to shuttle over people whom don't know how to get there. If you'd like to play a goblin instead of your persona, please let me know so that I can get you painted up before the battle.- Tseng
- The updated Clan schedule is released.
- The new Monarchy of the Celestial Kingdom got off on the right foot, King Crinos and His Princess Alara handed out park packets, with their contact information, a how to guide for T tunics, and a CD with the Rule book Corpora and other useful docs on it.
- Crystal Groves argues about altering their corpora's attendance requirements.
- May 11th- Kat Arkain is organizing the 1st annual Amtfair at the Static Crown's usual park in Hagerstown, Maryland.
- Crystal Groves/Amtgard of Maryland, Inc. now has a PO Box for anyone that needs to send snail mail to us. P.O. Box 3513 Hagerstown, MD 21742
- The Duchy of Wavehaven in Santa Cruz, CA will hold a jugging tourney, plus BBQ.
- Storm on Lighting Hill, a mini event is held by the shire of Storm Grove in Sallisaw, OK.
- May 10th & 11th Tanglewood Forest Work Weekend We need your help to maintain Tanglewood Forest in Corsicana Texas, and have some fun. Does your chainsaw sit un-used, un-loved at the back of your Garage ? Then this is the event for you !
- May 10th-Elections for Desert Winds offices. All local PM's please send in your provincial ballot tallies to PPM Rolgrim by midnight. Election results announced as soon as possible. Absentee ballots are due on the 9th.
- QT Crown Quals, Saturday, May 10th, Elmwood Park, our usual field, bring your folding tables and picnic blankets. In case of rain, Fighting will be as normal but A&S judging will move to my place. Event will start promptly at Noon. See you ALL there. -Oderic
- A few of the younger crowd from Querna Tema in Omaha, Nebraska are starting up a fighter practice. It will be held at Timber Creek Park Friday Nights from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Crown Qualifications for the Empire of the Iron Mountains will occur. Location TBA.
- May 9th at noon-Absentee ballots due to PPM Rolgrim via email if you are voting eligible and cannot make it to your park on the 10th DW. All local PM’s please send in your provincial ballot tallies to PPM Rolgrim by midnight. Election results announced as soon as possible.
- Official declarations will be open on 12:00 am May 10, 2008 and they will close 12:00 am May 24, 2008. Voting will take place for two weeks after the eligibility of all the declared is verified. PM's please remember that the information on the ORK is used to determine the ability of your populace to vote. So please make sure this is updated. The offices opening up will be PM, 3 B.o.D. seats, GM of all classes and GMR. Please review all necessary requirements of offices before declaring. -Hexloc
- Harlen the outgoing Kingdom Regent released the scores for the recent Wetlands Dragonmaster. The top three finishers where Diego of the Celestial Kingdom with his leather armor for 4.67, GoldCrest of Dragonspine with his cloak for 4.34, and Reynen of the Wetlands with 4.16.
- On Sunday the 11th Ironwood holds a no champs Tourney for those with four orders or less. Sir Vincent has offered Live Steel as a prize for first place.
- Tyrant Margul, the new Kingdom Monarch of the Wetlands has announced his plans for the reign, the 'Inquisition'. "By monarchial rights, and through tyrannical power, His Greatness officially takes control of the Church of the Wetlands. All other religions are hereby outlawed, and all adherents are considered suspects of heresy and treason. Attendance at Church of Wetlands is mandatory, and all subjects are required to report any whom are not regular attendees. "
- Quals for Mists of the Dawn this coming Saturday the 10th Coronation and the "Rescue Hawks" battle game on Saturday the 17th Last that I had heard is that Aiden and Impy (on the side of right and virtue) are running against Rayhawk and Ares (on the side of .......the other stuff (seriously don't vote for us we just didn't want it to be an uncontested election.)) The amtgarder formally know as "Baine" who I shall refer to as "&" (pronouced am-per-sand) is planning winning the spot of Champion. -Rayhawk
- May 10th the Valley of Pan's Hollow in Girard, Ohio will hold a weapon making class.
- May 11th Centerpoint will hold their third coronation at Overland Park, KS - Shawnee Mission Park from Noon to 6pm. Centerpoint is currently petitioning the Iron Mountains. If at all possible, please RSVP by Saturday, May 10th. You may do so by phone(913-488-3281), or by e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Slyddur's always excellent pics from Joint CK WL Coronation.
- Rilla's pictures of a park day out at Mists of the Dawn.
- Dag has released a invitation to all of amtgard in the South West to join them at their event in southern California at the end of this month. There will be a war at Los Angeles on May 31st. This will be a Dagorhir sponsored event so we will be following the dag rule book and will require dag wavers. Saturday, May 31st @ High Noon Whittier Downs Recreation Area, 823 N Lexington Gallatin Rd, South El Monte, CA 91733. Cost is free if 50 people show up from amtgard.
April 30th to May 7th
- Due exssesive sonw fall the site for this year's Thousand Stars has been moved just out side Dodge, Washington to Central Ferry Park.
- Spring Faire at Shrouding Mist's usual meeting place, Harry Sprinker Rec. Center in Tacoma, Washington. there will be a Harry Potter quest for the Sorcerers Stone, Hot Dogs and Soda, Water and even a few Baked Goodies 4 sale. Greenwood Keep is traveling en mass to this event.
- Regent of Inland Ocean, Darius Llewellyn, seeks to resurrect the local college of arms.
- Celestial Kingdom will hold a joint coronation with the Wetlands at firemens park in Giddings, Tx this weekend. Gate fee will be twenty Dollars.
- CGBOD Meeting to occur at their usual meeting place in Hagerstown, Maryland.
- Deadline for Declarations for office in the chapter of High Oasis in Tempe, AZ.
- The 3rd is the last day for Althing submissions.
- Kingdom Monarchy visits their chapter Finders Keep Wichita Falls, TX.
- Felfrost will hold their first official coronation in Ottawa, Canada.
- Saturday May 3rd at the home of Dame Fionna and Syr Sanchez we will be having an A&S Potluck dinner, so bring food, bring your projects, bring any entries for Dragonmaster you may be working on, or even just any random project you would like some advice on. Dame Fionna, Dame Galtana and Sir Blackhawk will be available to critique work and give some pointers. I strongly recommend that anyone with in interest in the arts and sciences be there, it will be a helpful and yummy night for all!
- Talisin posts her pictures of a regular park day at IMD.
- Desert Winds Crown Quals held at River's End in Salt Lake City, UT. This will be in conjunction with RE Dragonmaster, Weapon Master. Candidates were announced at 10:30 local time on Saturday. All of those running for office passed muster. DW will be having a fully contested election. The top three placements in the Champion's Tourney were as follows; Fitz, Garlon, and Matthias O'Lachon.
- Mystic Caverns in Glasgow, KY will be visited by their Principality Monarchy on the 3rd - "The Tyranny of B: Cutting off the escape" scenario.
- Phoenix Tears in Springfield, IL will travel to Cursed Prairie to partake in the Storytelling Work shop to be held Saturday night.
- Trails End in Buffalo, MO Will hold an althing and update their park calender.
- Receding Waters in Russell Springs, Kentucky will hold their coronation at Russell Springs City park in Russell Springs Ky. They will be visited by the people of Winter's Edge.
- "To who so ever cares to attend, the weekend following Discord, May 3rd, at Cursed Prarie in East Peoria, IL I will be setting up a storytelling event for A&S. We will put several topics, personas, scenarios, ect., into a box and then each person will take turns drawing out several slips, and making up astory on the spot using what they have drawn. The stories will be uninterrupted, so you may take the story line anyway you would like as long as you use what you have drawn properly in the story itself. This will allow you to use your imagination and storytelling ability in a spur of the moment situation. I look forward so seeing everyone there and am sure we will all have an excellent time." - Roshiyu Duirbaine
- The Frost lands is holding an A&S Swap this weekend.
- Dughan was knighted in the order of the Serpent at the joint Coronation of Kings Crinos and Margul. Sir Feral Lynn had this to say on the event; "Dughan's knighting was a wonderful ceremony. Made even more wonderful in that there were many serpent knights who all took turns tooling the leather for his belt this weekend. A very special moment for a good man. He was once my MaA, has always been my friend, and now I am proud to call him peer. Huzzah to Sir Dughan!"
- Beltane Nighthunter to be hosted by Mordengarrd inCollege Station, Texas.
- The results of the warskills events from quals were released. 1st place was Spyn, 2nd Tar'get, and 3rd Germ. Taking 1st in A&S is Sir Gavin followed by Amarath in 2nd place. Ladyhawk Longwing took 3rd place.
- Shire of Falcon Tor in Ashland, Missouri presents "The Fallen" a Quest Event, this 2nd through the 4th at the Falcon Tor Event Site, outside of Columbia, Missouri. Cost: $15.00, includes site fee and ALL MEALS (Dinner Friday, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday and Breakfast Sunday. Email email@example.com for more information.