As with many other things in each kingdom the method for paying dues is different. Nominally you can pay one dollar each month to your local Prime Minister to be able to vote in local and Kingdom Elections. Many Kingdoms now follow the "Six for six" rule. Stating that each player may pay six dollars once every six months in order retain contributing member status.
Dues are optional fees, usually $6 for 6 months, that allow a player to vote in Amtgard elections and recieve copies of the rulebook and newsletters.
Dues are set by Corpora per kingdom. Dues paid members have no advantage over other members except that they may vote in the chapter or kingdom Althing meetings, which are used to make decisions for the group that are beyond the scope of the monarch alone, such as changing the corpora. Dues paid members are also the only ones who may vote in elections. All dues collected are used to pay for rulebooks, newsletters, loaner gear, and other group expenses. Kingdom corporas may add additional requirements for being a voting or active member of the populace."
How dues are handled in the Kingdoms
- Burning Lands: $6 for 6 months.
- Emerald Hills: $6 for 6 months.
- Celestial Kingdom: $6 for 6 months.
- Golden Plains: $10 for 6 months.
- Iron Mountains: $5 for 6 months.
- Goldenvale: $5 for 6 months for Core Lands, other land types may set own dues.
- Dragonspine: $10 for 6 months.
- Wetlands: $6 for 6 months.
- Neverwinter: $6 for 6 months.
- Blackspire: $12 for 6 months.
- Rising Winds: $6 for 6 months.
- Crystal Groves: $6 for 6 months.
- Desert Winds: $6 for 6 months.
- Westmarch: $10 for 6 months for core lands, $6 for 6 months for sponsored lands.
- Freeholds: $6 for 6 months; dues will expire 6 months from the date of payment.