|This article may require cleanup. The specific problem is: poor layout, information not updated. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please help improve this article if you can. (April 2016)|
A privately funded Event of the Kingdom of the Rising Winds.
Clyde has been victorious at all 9 Discords.
"I was at Discord, and it was fun."-Tanath
"Fun is an understatement. Discord is AMAZING."-Taver
A view of the castle front.
Discord is a yearly event held in the northern region of the Rising Winds. Discord is held on what nearly every person to grace its fields has referred to as the best amtgard event site in the world, hands down. The site it is held on is 100 acres of fields and forest whose central attraction is a fully 3 story castle constructed of wood. The site also features several other smaller "keeps" and bridges, as well as a small scale town outside the castle.
Discord started as a 24 hour roleplay event, where two opposing teams followed a preset storyline and a series of mini games and quests determined the outcome and ultimately the winner. As Time has gone by and 7 Discords have now passed the event has morphed into a stickjocks wet dream with the focus more on fighting and less on flavah and RP(tho those still exist in fantastic amounts).
A shot inside the castle courtyard.
- Discord one*: While the team that was out ahead on points was eating feast and planning their winning celebration, two of the members of Team Pwnbot snuck off and captured all of their sheep(a point gaining objective). The other team returned to find that they had not only lost all their sheep but lost the game by 2 points.
- Discord Two*: The property owner supplied fireworks to add to the ambience of the final quest. As the final objective both teams combined to defeat a balrog. The Fight occurerd under the light of a single flare that was held behind the balrog, spilling an eerie hellish red glow on all of the combatants. Then, As if it were planned, the flare died at the same moment the balrog was slain. As he collapsed to the ground, the flare died leaving everyone in complete darkness.
- Discord 5*: The final battle between the saracens and Team Pwnbot was a blowout with pwnbot laying waste to their opponents in easy fashion. With the sun still high in the sky and the planned events over, a few of the members of pwnbot decided to test their skill by pitting their best 10 against everyone else in a defend the castle, militia rules battle. The team of ten included Mercury, Clyde, D'gar, Macavelli Skythasis, Falias, Tugen, Kaads, Demitri Kincaid, Bullwye, and Heller. The battle lasted for over an hour with the Ten being victorious in the end against a team of nearly 70 opponents. many of whom later admitted to taking more lives than alloted, with one player admitting to taking 25! At lay on, Sir Mac launched an arrow from the top of the castle and struck their first player in the chest from over 50 yards away. This arrow shot and the fact that Falias Was standing in the main gateway to the castle generally looking scary as hell with his pole, held off the invading team for a few minutes. once they mustered enough courage to finally assault the castle they were met at the bottleneck of the main castle door by Tugen and Clyde who, combined with arrow suppresion from the top center tower, single handedly killed most of the other team before they finally pushed thru and forced the ten to defend the second floor of the castle. After that fallback it was a matter of attrition. The ten took up defensive positions and guarded the rear second floor and entrance to the tower with ferocity. With Sir Mac raining down death from above and the stalwart fighters crushing wave after wave of invaders, it wasnt long before the remaining 5 of the 10 pushed the remaining invaders out the front door and fought them, mostly on knees, thru gravel, back to their nirvana and eventually winning the day.
The 2009 Discord Bid Process has finished its first Round.
The 2008 Discord event is named Tortuga, it was held April 25-27 at Sherwood Forest in LaPorte Indiana.
Effective Discord '08, the overall operation of Discord will be overseen by a Board of Directors currently consisting of Katzu the Farquestor, Kathrynn St. James, and ArchMalace. However, the point is to give the people the best possible event we can, and to do that we're opening the door to submissions.
Stick-jock version - Your idea wins and we will fund and support the Discord event you will run!
For those familiar with the way Wizards of the Coast chose the Eberron game world, the bid system will be similar.
* ROUND 1 - Starting May 12th and going until June 1st, the Discord BoD will accept a 1-page summary of your Discord event idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. These bids will be sealed until June 1st, after which the Board will select either the best 1/4 of the bids or the best 2, whichever is greater. We will contact the event designers of the winning bids no later than June 15th to enter round 2.
* ROUND 2 - The finalists will each have until August 1st to develop the full event write-up, get their full crat staff together, and supply the board a fully designed 'frame' for the event. These will again be submitted to email@example.com and shall remained sealed until the deadline, after which the winning bid will be selected no later than August 15.
* STIPULATIONS - Only the winning event write-up becomes 'property' of the Discord board of directors (with the caveat that the writer can submit the event as their own work into A&S tournies for judging purposes.) If the winning entry has not reached 'finishing touches' stage of development by February 1st, 2009, the Discord board reserves the right to take over the event and complete it, though doing so shall be an extreme move to make sure the event happens and won't be used to screw somebody out of credit.
Putting this out there so aspiring autocrats can come to Discord with an eye towards running it.