Consul Marcus Aurelius Gaius Lucianus Cotta "Asylus" of the Celestial Kingdom
"DO NOT stand on the tracks when the Night Train is coming." Kerb, TKM 2008
Asylus is the Fourteenth Torch, and the third Raised during the Attitude Era. Asylus originally became interested in LARPs as part of the SCA. He was introduced to Barad Duin and the HFS in 1990 by Onyx Grimwulf right around the Barad Duin split. He became interested in Amtgard when Tori-Mar formed on Sundays about a year later in the same park. While serving his first term as Chancellor of Tori-Mar in 1995, Asylus earned himself an Order of the Maglight because of a rather dubious incident involving a somewhat large "six 'D' Cell" maglight and a car full of frats. Asylus was raised to High Priest of the Chosen in 1996 on the same day as Dargoth and Dorian Kong, right before Spring War III.
Some Fairly Well Known Facts:
- Asylus is a Lefty
- Asylus is a Stick Jock
- Asylus is one of the of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Asylus is also known as The Night Train
- Asylus' theme song is "Night Train" by G&R.
- Asylus is 1/4 of 1500 Pounds of Hate
- Asylus may hit you in the head repeatedly, but its always an accident
- Asylus is a talented writer, for more information see his list of published works.
- Asylus is one of the last "two comma" holdouts
- Asylus is a High Priest of the The Sacred Order of the Righteous Brotherhood, The Chosen, Holy Warriors of BoB the Unforgiving
- Asylus is a member of the household Ministers of Grace
- Order of the Maglight, 1995
- Other stuff that doesn't matter
Title & Positions
- Title: Consul
- Chancellor of Tori-Mar, December 1994 - June 1995
- Chancellor of Tori-Mar, June 1995 - September 1995
- Baron of Tori-Mar, August 1999 - February 2000
- Master Warrior
- Master Healer
- Co-authored The Stick Jock's Dictionary
- Co-authored The "Real" Amtgard FAQ - a work of Parody